Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the “Startups Worth Watching in 2021” in EE Times’ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Corporate Controller
Department: G & A – Finance
The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in all activities related to the monthly close process including accurate & timely preparation of
journal entries as well as research and resolution of variances or irregularities
- Responsible for various duties aimed at maintaining a high-quality general ledger
- Assist in gathering information necessary for all Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) filings
- Assist with tax and regulatory compliance related inquiries and reporting requirements
- Enter invoices into Bill.com
- Support financial statement review and audit by preparing audit support schedules, fulfilling audit requests, and
answering auditor questions
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts including preparation of all relevant supporting documentation
- Act as a liaison between corporate accounting team and foreign subsidiaries
- Perform ad-hoc accounting related requests, which may involve the following: technical research, system
maintenance, account reconciliations, analyzing account discrepancies and formulating solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Minimum of six (6) years of Accounting experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Start Up experience preferred.
- Highly motivated and driven with the ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Advanced or Expert level skills in Excel and proficiency in MS Teams
- Extreme attention to detail, high level of professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn and work in variety of accounting related applications (NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify, etc.…)
- Ability to solve problems of diverse scope by analyzing data and evaluating multiple factors
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Familiarity with IFRS preferred but not required
- Experience with intercompany foreign entities and foreign currency
- Big Four Public Accounting Preferred
- Competitive Pay
- Restricted Stock Units
- Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
- 401K with matching
- Free Lunch Daily
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Employee Discounts
BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.