Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the “Startups Worth Watching in 2021” in EE Times’ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).
Job Title: Senior Digital Design Engineer
Reports To: Director of Digital Design
The Senior Digital Design Engineer primary job function is to work with team members to design and develop the digital modules from the concept to tape out or release for FPGA. This position will be part of our Hardware Development group. The Senior Digital Design Engineer needs to be able to start from the requirements, develop a feasible micro architecture, implement the function using RTL language, verify the functionality, and follow up until completion of the product.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand the requirements, gather the relevant information, and develop a solution.
- Use RTL language to design the digital functional modules.
- Use simulation tools to check the functionalities of the designs in RTL and gate level.
- Collaborate with other team members to define a verification methodology and a test plan
- Write clear documentation of the designs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related degree or certification required
- 5+ years of experience in digital logic design
- Fluent in Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Knowledge of CPU and SRAM based SoC components and system busses (AXI, AHB, APB) is strongly desired
- Knowledge of standard SoC interfaces (SPI, I2C, etc.…) and high-speed IO protocols (PCIe, USB, DDR) is a plus
- Good skills in Python and shell scripting are desired
- Good debugging skills, and well experienced with VCS/Verdi or similar toolsets
- Competitive Pay
- Restricted Stock Units
- Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
- 401K with matching
- Free Lunch Daily
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Employee Discounts
BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.